At UniQ Creations we specialise in one-of-a-kind handmade. Visit our USD online shop to view the wide range of products and services. Each piece is carefully handcrafted one at a time in our home studio. Materials are sourced from various parts of the world with most of it handpicked by us.
Shuttle tatting classes are conducted at various locations. Office workers interested in lunch time class or organisations interested in conducting tatting class please contact me to make arrangement.
Wholesale, consignment, custom order and office bazaar inquiries are also welcome. Contact me if you don't see what you are looking for.
Laura Willett, a small business consultant and faculty member in the finance department at Bentley College said "Many businesses mistakenly under-price their products attempting to convince the consumer that their product is the least expensive alternative hoping to drive up volume; but more often than not it is simply perceived as 'cheap." This is something all crafters/hobbyists should take note of. Don't underprice your handmade items just because you think that you are doing it as a past time or that it is difficult to decide on hourly rate for labour cost. There are many who are doing it for a living and struggling to stay afloat.
Key factors to consider when working out your pricing are labour cost, material cost, overhead cost like rental/commission, utilities, transportation and other logistics. As a starting point, look to your competitors for inspiration. How do your prices compare to other freelancers/companies within the handmade industry? Are your products priced too high or too low compared to theirs? What kind of materials are they using?
Some consumers may be less concerned with price and willing to pay a large amount of money if they know that the product is top quality. However, others may only be interested in making frugal purchases in an effort to find decent goods at a reasonable price. Yet, there are others that just love to bargain. What type of consumer are you? Leave me your feedback in the comment below.
Check out my other post on Price of Handmade.
1. Penny's Paper Crafty challenge theme is Anything Goes. http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.sg/2014/10/welcome-to-pennys-challenge-199-and-dt.html
2. OSAAT challenge theme is Anything Goes With A Butterfly. http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/10/challenge-222.html
3. Allsorts challenge theme is Embossing. http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/10/week-281-embossing.html
4. Crafty Catz challenge theme is Black Plus One Other Colour. http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/10/crafty-catz-challenge-251-black-plus.html
1. Allsorts challenge theme is Cream and Brown. Brown is the main colour here while cream is the paper I use to print this digi stamp. http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/10/week-280-cream-and-brown.html
2. A Gem of A Challenge theme is Create A Scene. http://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.sg/2014/10/challenge-130-create-scene.html
3. Crafty Catz challenge theme is Autumn. http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.sg/
4. MAWTT challenge theme is Dog Gone It or other animal. http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.sg/2014/10/dog-gone-it.html
5. Aud Sentiments is Anything Goes. http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.sg/2014/10/challenge-117-anything-goes.html
1. Crafty Creations challenge theme is Use Orange. http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.sg/2014/10/challenge-273-use-orange.html
2. OSAAT challenge theme is Anything Goes With Orange. http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/10/challenge-221.html
3. Cupcake Inspiration is a photo challenge. http://cupcakeinspirations.blogspot.sg/2014/10/challenge-281.html
4. Crafty Catz challenge theme is All Sentimental. http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/10/challenge-249-all-sentimental.html
I like swirls and flourishes so the 2nd layer is a swirled silver wire that I hammered to create some texture. The 3rd layer is a downward arrow which when inverted is a house with a copper roof top. All pieces are hammered to give it some textures. The brass and copper plates are riveted together.
Do you normally create your jewellery or artwork with a theme around it? Or do you simply just create what you feel like at the moment? What gives you the inspiration to create?